|12 March 2012 (JO-01/12)
Climate Risk Analysis (CRA) is an expanding research company working on risk quantification of extreme climate/weather events.
CRA is seeking a computing scientist to work in an international, EU-funded Marie Curie project on interacting networks in climate.
Researcher in Climate & Computing
- Degree (MS or equivalent) in computing, statistics or physics
- Between four and five years full-time equivalent work experience in industry/academia after degree (PhD holders also less than four years)
- Transnational (coming from outside of Germany) and intersectorial mobilities
- Excellent communication skills (English)
Your work in the project
- Industry-standard software development, including parallelization and GUIs
- Adaptation of statistical algorithms (in collaboration with M. Mudelsee)
- Support for statistics/computer course
- Training of project partners (in-house and travel)
- Starting date: summer 2012
- Duration: two years
- Place: Hannover, Germany (part-time telework possible)
- Gaining competence in climate time series and risk analysis, intersectorial work
- Salary ca. 50,000 EUR/year, family allowance, bonuses
- Extensive covering of research, training and relocation costs
- Cover letter, CV, reference contacts
- PDF format (one single file)
- Send by 12 May 2012 to email@example.com under subject "JO-01/12"
- CRA guarantees confidentiality
Contact and more information